It’s nearly a week since the lovely Mummyplum tagged me in her Versatile Blogger piece. So thanks to Claire at mummyplum.blogspot.com for reading my blog and nominating me! The idea is that you share seven little known facts about yourself and nominate other bloggers to pick up the challenge. So, here are my little known facts:
- I wore a genuine sari, complete with bindi, at a wedding in India. One of my friends, originally from Mumbai, married a woman from Chennai and I went to their wedding. The sari came from India and I was measured up for the blouse at the side of the road and had it made up there and then.
- I am obsessed with mushrooms. I love them. They go in practically every meal.
- I have moved house 21 times and lived in 6 UK counties. I’ve wandered a bit, but been in my last place for 6 years now, although I do have itchy feet sometimes. It’s a bit more difficult to move now with a husband in a job he loves and a little chap.
- I rolled a car in a crash on the A1 and walked away without a scratch. My own stupid fault, no one else was hurt. I had a hitchhiker with me; the police gave me a hard time about that until I pointed out that he was probably in more danger from me.
- The luxury I would take to a desert island is a memory foam pillow. Nothing like a great night’s sleep to see you through the toughest of days.
- I have never seen It’s a Wonderful Life or Ben Hur. Must remedy that this Christmas.
- I’ve been close friends with my great friend Lisa for more than 30 years. We met at primary school and have never quite managed to shake one another off, despite the aforementioned 21 house moves by me and a few by Lisa. Couldn’t live without her now. Must also credit her for helping with these seven things; she knows me better than I know myself!
Now I’d like to pass the challenge onto these superb bloggers if they haven’t already taken part.
I enjoy reading these blogs, so please do have a look if you haven’t already.